Thursday, February 18, 2010

V.H.




Who is this idiot interviewing Horowitz?


I think I first heard the name Vladimir Horowitz watching Jeopardy! The category had something to do with the initials V.H. Who was Vladimir Horowitz netted you $800. Some of the other answers from that particular show? Vaclav Havel. Victor Hugo. I've forgotten the other two. We could probably reconstruct them, don't you think?


Once, when I was young and watching Jeopardy! with my family, I was delighted to be able to blurt out Lake Titicaca to the great amusement of my brother and the mock puritanical shock of my mother. Even younger, I once successfully answered a Trivial Pursuit question with The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. I don't remember doing this, but I'm told that my grandmother looked at my mother with a good degree of skepticism as to the moral fiber of our household. I wish I remembered this.


2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Van Halen?

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Sheridan Dupre said...

Maybe it was Van Halen! Or, Valerie Harper?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home