Saturday, October 11, 2008

Blue Blazer: A Poem

Oh blue blazer, tried and true
How I long to slip into you!

First the left arm, then the right
I could do this seductive dance all night.

Your buttons gold, lined on my sleeve -
But one is missing! Oh how I grieve!

Ah, there you are! Upon my floor!
Errant knave, be gone no more!

From off the wood, the offender I pluck
And exclaim, "I've got you now, my little chuck!"

"You thought you could flee, you thought you could hide!
Oh dark day, Oh fateful pride!"

"Stay there upon the ledge, don't you dare leave!
As I my sewing kit I go to retrieve."

I return armed with my weapons of choice:
A needle sharp, thread, and a sober voice.

"Oh you thought you could go, you thought you'd be free!
Well, my golden pretty, you're back with me."

"And now it is time to set you straight
So that with your siblings you number eight."

"Four on one sleeve, and four on its twin
Dissent, my treasure, is a capitol sin!"

And I'm gentle but firm as the thread I do weave
And set my button back upon my sleeve.

He's sad at first, oh I can tell
But he'll soon forget that dizzying spell

when freedom was but a step away.
He's on my sleeve, and on my sleeve he'll stay.

Oh my sweet blue blazer, tried and true
I do long to slip into you.

THE END

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger jessie said...

This, actually, is amazing--unemployment seems to be suiting you. As for the second poem, well, I'm glad to see that you've fully embraced cursing. Maybe there's a little red mixed in with that blue blood after all.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger ib said...

Bravo! Or should I say, bravo, motherfucker. I infinitely preferred the one about your fucking laptop.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Sheridan Dupre said...

Thanks guys. More of this soon. I've been without regular internet access - see laptop poem - but am now apartment sitting for brother, and as important, his Mac.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger ib said...

You have my sympathy. A couple of times I had my internet access cut off completely for failing to be said bills. On one memorable occasion my own ageing Mac crashed and died on me completely. Since I was unemployed and hence without insurance, that time I lost everything and nearly went back to the stone age for good.

As it was, that spell lasted three long years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home