Monday, September 21, 2009

File Under there's hope for us yet

Herewith, some rather unflattering baseball cards:



The amazing thing about Sherman Corbett is that he was 26 when this photo was taken - he looks at least twice that. If I didn't know any better, I would guess that this was a card from a fantasy camp.



For the old White Sox uniform (what collars!), this card gets high marks. Trout, however, gets low marks for never giving me my Yes album back and for selling me a dime bag of oregano.



That ain't water in that Ranger cup. Remember that time Grubb held our legs as we did keg stands? Well, he's free tonight if you are.



The angular, Lincolnian face coupled with a perm. I don't know. I just don't see him running after anything.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Emmett said...

The surname "Householder" makes that one card even more perfect.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Sheridan Dupre said...

from Baseball Reference: "Paul Householder is actually one of four major league players with that last name." Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home