Thursday, September 17, 2009

Figures from My Youth

Finding this in my old bedroom at my parents' house makes sense to me:





Do you recognize that batter? This will help -





Awfully svelte for Tony Gwynn, you're probably thinking and I'd be the first to agree. Regardless, he was always my favorite player and I collected his baseball cards -





- so finding his Starting Line Up figure in my closet wasn't a surprise.

This, however, was:





Does he look familiar to you? And no, it's not Billy Mays. Perhaps this will help.





It will only help somewhat, considering that Starting Line Up didn't even bother to spell his surname correctly. That mysterious figure - figurine, even - is Dave Krieg, former quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks who, according to his Starting Line Up card, "probably has the most obscure college background of any quarterback since Johnny Unitas. Krieg graduated from little Milton College [no, unfortunately not Little Milton College...] in Wisconsin, a school that no longer exists."

I like his beard, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home