Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A new translation of Robert Frost's Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Chillaxing in the Forest on a Winter's Night

A new translation of Robert Frost's Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening


Hey, I recognize this forest!
The dude lives in town;
He can't see me from where he is, though
As I watch all this fucking snow accumulate.
My pony seems to think it gay
To halt our path here, with nothing around
Smack dab 'twixt the forest and the ice pond
Especially on the Winter Solstice.
My pony rustles and snorts with impatience
As if asking, yo, are you nuts?
I crane to listen, but all I hear
Is the gentle wind and soft snow.
Man, this forest really is pretty sweet.
But my word is bond
And I've got a ways to go before I hit the hay,
And I've got a ways to go before I hit the hay.

trans. Sheridan Dupre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home