Tuesday, November 10, 2009

You decide, 2009 edition



I'm mulling over the following posts, each of which seems to have both its positives and negatives. Perhaps my readership (and here I'm talking about you - yes, you! - you who just arrived after googling 'lost love analogies' and have found yourself here, broken hearted and looking for the right words) can help me decide. That's why I've titled this post "You decide, 2009 edition," because you, the reader, can decide which post I do, and also because it is 2009, and I wouldn't want you to confuse it with the '08 or, God forbid, the '07 edition. Are we clear, lost love analogies? Hang in there. Always darkest and what not.

1. A blog post that gives lists of books, newspapers, reading devices that I see on my commute on the 6 and A trains. Positives include sociological interest. Negatives include boredom for my readers, and awkward prying moments for me on the train.

2. A series of surreptitiously shot photographs of riders on the subway. I would do this by pulling my arms into the body of my trench coat so the sleeves hang down limblessly and then point and shoot through a small gap in the jacket somewhere north of my privates. Positives include Walker Evans revisited. Negatives include distinct possibility of misinterpretation of form or intent resulting in loud and unruly accusations of being a garden variety pervert, and/or being busted by NYPD for illegally photographing locations deemed extremely sensitive by homeland security.

3. Some other stuff. Positives include the element of surprise. Negatives include the necessity of original thought.

Perhaps more potential blog posts will come to me, and I'll blog about them, in due course. But one never knows if I will or if I won't. Probably what keeps you coming back to this site. The sheer unexpectedness and delight in variety; that, or simply a few moments to kill in your lives and this address for whatever reason left in your browser's history.

4 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Sialia said...

please not 1. I vote 2!!

also, my birthday was pretty good thanks for asking.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Mike said...

2!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Big B said...

agree with mike.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Sheridan Dupre said...

2 it is. I'll give this a shot [excuse the pun] on Freitag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home