Thursday, March 18, 2010

Prayer to St Catharine of Siena

O St Catharine of Siena
Patroness of Siena College
where I went to basketball camp as a young lad
back when I used to think I was black
and had a high and tight
and stayed with my grandparents
who fed me prunes and drove me to camp
in a Buick that smelled of Winstons

Look down on me tonight, O Saint Catharine,
me and the men's team from your College
and give them victory over Purdue
(who are Lutherans, most likely)
which would give me a much
needed 13 points in my upset pool

O Lady, then, in the second round
(hopefully against Texas A & M)
give them another victory
for I need those extra points in round two.

Generally, O Saint Catharine,
bless my bracket and all my picks
Guard tendons and ligaments, and give freshman,
such as that Wall kid on Kentucky,
wisdom beyond their years
as well as consistency at the free throw line.

For all this I pray, in the hopes of
making my May rent in various pools

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home