Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Will this work?



30 September 2011

Financial Times
Customer Service

Dear Sir/Madam:

I received the enclosed renewal offer from The Financial Times, but was dismayed to see that the going rate is $199, a 100% increase from my original subscription rate of $99. I understand that the lower price was a special offer, yet to double the price strikes me as excessive and, I’m afraid, financially untenable. Because I very much value the FT, I would be happy to see my subscription increase by a certain percentage annually, not unlike my rent, or the gray hairs on my head. A number around 35%, nearer my age and within my means, seems eminently reasonable. How does $135 sound? If acceptable, please bill me for that amount and I’ll gladly pay.

If this letter should be directed somewhere else, please do so.

Yours sincerely,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home