Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Today, when I got home, my penny collection looked like this:



Then I dug into my pocket, and sifted through the shrapnel that had accumlated from purchases of the following, in the order in which I bought them throughout a full day:

banana
small coffee
Advil cold and sinus (20 capsules)
tuna fish and cheddar on white toast (hold the lettuce and tomato)
orange juice and milk
Chimichangas

And...I had five new pennies!!!!



Guess where they went?!



That's right, in with their friends!

How many pennies will tomorrow's transactions bring me? And when, oh when, will I fill my penny vase? [Is that what it is?] Stay tuned to find out.

There are, my friends, reasons to live. There are pleasures in our simple routines. And it is good to have hobbies and collect things. My penny collection cannot be measured only in cents, in what it will ultimately pay for [dental work, I hope], but rather in the unique satisfaction of a habit well formed.

Goodnight, sweet readers!

2 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger jessie said...

Are you about to kill yourself? Is this a cry for help?

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Sheridan Dupre said...

No, not at all. Just musings on life's simple pleasures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home