Thursday, November 12, 2009

Town of Bedford Parking Authority letter




You remember this? Well, it was dismissed! So then I got another ticket, in another town, and wrote this. Dismissed again!


****


29 October 2009


Justice Court Town of Bedford
321 Bedford Road
Bedford Hills, NY 10507


Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing in regards to ticket number [redacted] which I received today, 29 October at 11:57AM, at the parking lot adjacent to the Katonah train station. Spot 309, if you’re keeping score at home. It was neatly tucked under my windshield wiper when I returned from New York at approximately 4:30 PM.

But our story begins some six hours earlier. I had parked and made my way to the meter machine with a crisp five dollar in hand only to discover that it was not taking cash. I, and a few other befuddled commuters, tried every which way to no avail. I soon had to give up my labor in order to make the 10:30 train.

I commute to New York three times a week, parking in the metered section of the lot around the corner from the Katonah station. As I hope you know, one of the machines there doesn’t accept cash, leading to a line of ill-tempered and borderline volatile commuters every morning in front of the one machine that works. This strikes me as outrageous. Surely it should not be the case that it is easier and more efficient to park in the remotest regions of Romania than here, in Westchester County! The metered spots are great, a veritable godsend for those of us who commute on an as need basis, but their maintenance desires closer attention.

I hope that this ticket will be thrown out.

Sincerely,

Sheridan Dupre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home