Friday, March 26, 2010

Riddle me this...

Sometimes, when I'm walking along the street, I'll all of a sudden have a sense of being in a soccer or basketball game. It's not a flashback, rather the moment is unfolding right in front of me, in real time. I'm 34 years old and on my way to work but I can see vividly a ball coming towards me. And I see - and feel - the path I need to take to meet it. I picture weaving in and out of pedestrians, receiving the ball with a sure touch, giving a little fake, and then setting up for a strike or a jumper that flies by a diving keeper or falls truly through the hoop. This is an immensely satisfying daydream.

Sometimes I have this fantasy with golf, too.

But...why?

I played sports unspectacularly and my overall physical memory is, more often than not, one in which I'm - well, I believe leaden is the right word. What's the deal with this phantom fluidity (and that's what I fantasize about - the beauty of the movements)?

Also, unrelatedly, I have allergies! I was up all night last night blowing my nose, and it's now a raw, red beacon. I took some Claritin, but it's not working as fast I had I hoped. I need a good placebo.

I see now that this is one of my more boring posts. You can feel free to disregard.

4 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Anne said...

done and done.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Anne said...

so you can write that post, but you can't manage to find the time to return my calls? whats up with that bro?

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Jeeves said...

When's this Dupre guy going to post again?!?!?!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Mike said...

How did you get such a loyal Asian following? Former life as a host?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home