Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday's frank admission

Here's a new series! Every Monday I will reveal something about myself. It will be frank. It will be deep. It will fucking rock your world.


I love that Dido song "Here with me"! I do. I'd like to sing it from the hilltops. You know it, "I can't go, I can't sleep, I can't breath, until you're resting here with me." Google it. It is awesome. Pop at its finest. I'm listening to it right now, thrilled at youtube, that vast resource of arcane crap, and even more thrilled that I remembered the song out of the blue, and then was able to recall the singer (I placed two phone calls before it came to me, like a dream), and then was able to find it on line and listen to it.


What is Dido to me, and me to her?


A POEM by S. Dupre

Oh, Dido, daughter of a publisher
how I yearn for you and your melodramatic ways
you Irish waif, you.
Your hair's a bit on the short side and a bit too blond
but with a brunette wig you
could
be
my
goddess

3 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger ib said...

Aha! As I long suspected, there is a deeply poetic side to your persona, Sheridan.

Indeed, blondes may have more fun; but what is mere fun without fire or passion ? Brunettes are surely more intriguing - celtic waifs or not, publishers be damned!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hey! weird I just heard that song in the lobby of my Edison NJ hotel. I did not enjoy it nearly as much as you would have.
good poem.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Sheridan Dupre said...

First of all, it's good to see you IB on this side of the virtual fence. Feel free to drop by occasionally.

Hearing Dido in an Edison hotel would be bliss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home